Home » Resources
Are you looking for quality camping mats that can be used with caravans, campers, motorhomes, camping or simply everyday use?
Then we have the perfect choice for you… introducing the new Eagle caravan & camping mats. Eagle camping mats are not only affordable but also extremely durable and eco-friendly as they are made from top quality material.
Where can I use one of these mats?
Outdoor mats are versatile and can be used anywhere as they are light weight and can be folded away easily in their reusable storage bag. They are suitable for whatever your lifestyle needs are; caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes, camping, annexes, picnics, at the beach, the options are endless.
Our customers rave about these mats as they help keep the dirt out of their campers or caravans and give their family a comfortable place to relax when camping.
Why should I buy an Eagle camping mat?
There are lots of matting options on the market today that range in quality and price. We believe Eagle camping mats deliver outstanding value and are extremely durable, you wont be disappointed.
Features of our caravan & camping mats:
- Affordable, starting from $170 they are excellent value
- Light weight and comes with carry bag
- Stylish, now comes in 4 contemporary designs
- Stain resistant and easy to clean
- Durable mildew resistant material
- Polypropylene tube material weave allows water to drain
- Reinforced corners included for securing mat
- UV inhibitor reduces sun fading
- Eco-friendly as they are made from 100% recycled poly
These features will keep your eco-friendly mats looking good for longer and increase the life of them, so you can enjoy comfort while camping for many years to come.
New Designs & Reduced Prices
Our mats now come in 4 new contemporary designs plus we have reduced their prices, making them even more affordable. If you would like to find out more about these impressive mats head over to our Eagle caravan & camping mats page where you can find all the details, prices and designs.
Feel free to visit our Adelaide showroom to see them on display today or if you are interstate give us a call us on 08 8281 6696 as we can organise delivery.
Have you seen our latest TV ad? We are offering FREE 12 MONTHS REGO on all camper trailer purchases.
* Limited time offer, and only available in South Australia.
Posted 6 June 2018
Winter is nearly here and for most people camping is the last thing on their mind. Camping equipment gets packed away until spring and it’s time to hibernate, but there are many reasons why you should consider camping this winter.
As long as you keep yourself warm and comfortable, you too will see that camping in winter is the best!
Ahhhh campfires, the number one reason I love to camp in winter. In summer fire restrictions are in place in many places, so you can’t enjoy campfires.
There’s nothing better than sitting around the campfire with friends drinking, telling stories and keeping warm. Plus campfire cooking is delicious and you can’t forget about how good it is to toast marshmallows!
Avoid the crowds
If you are camping in the southern part of Australia where it’s cold in winter, you will have less people to compete for the best campsites. With fewer people around you will absolutely appreciate the silence and the world seems to slow down even more.
Insects, like flies and mosquitoes are often the reason people don’t like camping but in cold weather insects stay away keeping your camping trip bug free.
Cooler in tent or camper trailer
The summer heat in Australia can be harsh making camping unbearable at times, so winter camping can be a blessing. It’s much easier to keep yourself warm in the cold weather than trying to cool down in the heat. Here’s some excellent tips on keeping warm if you choose to camp this winter > Camping in Comfort
Hard floor camper trailers are also an excellent way to keep you off the ground and you’ll find them warmer than tents.
Kick those winter blues
Winter and the lack of sunlight can affect people’s moods, but camping and the outdoors can help you kick those winter blues. Natural light and exercise stimulates the production of serotonin, the hormone that affects your mood. You spend most of your time outdoors when camping and generally are more active, making camping the perfect solution.
If you’ve chosen to brave the cold for the first time do your research and be well prepared and we are sure you will love it just as much as us.
For more advice feel free to give our Adelaide showroom a call on 08 8281 6696.
When planning your next camping trip you may wonder how you are going to power some of your essential appliances and accessories? Camping is a time to get away from it all, but these days there are some valuable accessories; such as fridges, camping lights or even your mobile that can make your camping trip more comfortable.
Generators have always been a popular choice for camping enthusiasts but that seems to be changing. Generators require fuel, emit harmful fumes, and often require maintenance. Plus they can be extremely noisy disrupting the peace and tranquility for anyone near them. In fact generators are not allowed in national parks and even some caravan parks ban their use.
That’s where solar power steps in. Portable solar panels kits are ideal for camping and give you flexibility to camp where you want and for how long, without having to use a generator. If you haven’t considered using portable solar panels while camping, then have a quick read of some of the benefits, they may change your mind.
- Solar power is a renewable carbon neutral source of clean natural energy, making them environmentally friendly.
- They are a silent source of power so you and your camping neighbours can continue to enjoy the tranquility while running your appliances.
- Saves you money as it’s free power from the sun, there are also generally no maintenance costs and you can avoid fees for powered sites.
- Using solar power can give you greater flexibility when camping as you can camp wherever you want without sacrificing using your appliances.
- Solar panels are easy to use and convenient solution to power. They are available in portable kits so you can take them camping with you and set them up easily.
- Having a power source when you are in the middle of nowhere can help keep you safe. If you happened to get lost or there was an emergency, solar power will allow you to use a communication device to get help.
It’s important to think about whether you need power when camping and we understand that it can be quite confusing with all the options now available. We are more than happy to help you work out your energy requirements and find the best solution for you.
One popular kit we recommend is the 120 Watt Monocrystalline Portable Folding Solar Panel Kit from Kamper King, which we currently have in stock. Feel free to visit our showroom at 1421 Main North Rd, Para Hills West or call us on 08 8281 6696.
We now offer FREE guest WIFI.... So feel free to bring the kids along to our Adelaide Showroom with their games, tablets or iphones. This will keep them amused, leaving you free to check out our range of quality camper trailers or trailers.
Buying a trailer is quite a big investment so there are many things to consider before making your purchase. These days there are many manufacturers and plenty to choose from, so we thought we would highlight some things you should consider before making your purchase.
TYPE OF TRAILER
The type and size of trailer you need is determined mainly by how you intend to use it, the type of load and the weight of the load you will be carrying.
Depending on what you will be carrying will determine whether you need a box or cage trailer. If you only intend to carry sand, garden materials or rubbish a box trailer would be perfect. A caged one is more suitable if you need to carry taller loads or want to protect the load, such as equipment and furniture. The great thing about buying a cage trailer is you can actually remove the cage, giving you the best of both worlds.
Also consider the weight you intend to carry; light loads only need a single axle trailer and don’t require brakes, they can carry loads up to 750kg. Heavier loads require a tandem axle or a braked single axle.
IS YOUR CAR COMPATIBLE?
Before making your purchase it’s important to find out the towing capacity of your car. Your car’s maximum towing capacity is set by its manufacturer and you can find this information in the vehicle handbook or online. Using a trailer that exceeds your car’s towing limits or is too big can cause damage, be dangerous and is illegal. There are legal requirements you must follow when towing and all new trailers are required to have a plate listing that shows the ATM, Tare weight and GTM. For more information on these regulations check out the National Towing Guide.
WHAT ABOUT BRAKES?
For safe towing you need to make sure your trailer has adequate braking. Whether you need to have brakes is once again determined by the weight of the load you will be carrying. Here is an overview of the regulations:
- Trailers with a GTM (Gross Trailer Mass) of 750kg or less do not need a braking system.
- Trailers with a GTM that exceeds 750kg and under 2000kg must be fitted with brakes on at least one axle.
- Trailers over 2000kg GTM must have an electric brake system that operates on all wheels and that can activate if the trailer becomes detached from the car.
WHAT MAKES A QUALITY TRAILER?
There are loads of trailers in the market at the moment so it can be hard to decide which one to buy. Like anything there are good quality products and ones you should avoid buying. It’s important to buy a quality product as they last longer and are more durable. But how do you know which ones are quality? Well here are some features that you will find in a quality trailer:
- Hot dipped galvanised – these coatings are more durable than steel/painted trailers and protects them from rust and Australia’s harsh weather.
- New light truck tyres - you will be surprised that many manufacturers use second hand tyres, so make sure you ask if the tyres are new before buying.
- LED lights – LED’s are better than conventional bulbs as they have a longer life, are more energy efficient and are more resistant to shock and vibration.
- Jockey wheel and Spare wheel should be included in the price.
When buying a trailer cheaper isn’t always better. It’s important to do your research beforehand and choose a quality built one that fits your purpose. Taking your time will to choose the right one will pay off in the long run.
If you would like any further advice feel free to call us and our sales staff will be happy to assist. You can contact our Adelaide showroom on 08 8281 6696 or our Perth showroom on 0447 901 977. Eagle Camper Trailers have many years experience in the trailer industry and produce top quality products. We also have the skills and experience needed to build custom trailers to suit your individual needs.